Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Profiling - Manual Updates

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Profiling - Manual Updates

MVP
    Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:08 PM

A couple questions regarding ClearPass and it's fingerprinting.

1. If I have a device show up as Generic category, but an OS Family that I have other devices matching, if I manually update their fingerprint, that shouldn't cause any issues with other devices correct?

Example: Device A profiled as Generic, OS Family is Axis. I have other Axis devices classified as IP Cameras. If I update the Generic ones to IP Cameras as their category, that shouldn't cause any issues with any other profiles correct?

2. If I have (2) different devices that send similar or exact same DHCP options, and I manually update the fingerprint on one, could that affect the others as well with the same DHCP options?

Example: Windows Computer and Medical Device running Windows-based OS both show up as Windows Computer. If I update the Medical Device, could that affect all fingerprinted Windows Computers?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Profiling - Manual Updates

Posted Nov 30, 2017 04:12 AM

Good q. 

I'll be happy if someone will answer it.