Any Ideas please? 

PROBLEM DESTRIPTION: 
------------------------------- 
Cannot Connect to Corporate office WIFI 
with Aruba ClearPass QuickConnect  
On personal Android phone: Xiaomi Redmi 3 
It seems to be certificate issue 

1) installed ClearPass QuickConnect on the device 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arubanetworks.quickconnect.android&hl=en 
2) Connected to our WIFI, downloaded Certificate quick1x.networkconfig 
4) QuickConnect does not list our network (is blank) 

See attached log if interested

TROUBLESHOOTING: 
------------------------------- 
- ANDROID: options > security > Device Manager: Checked Aruba QuickConnect as ACTIVE 
- From File manager (TotalCMD ) navigated to saved quick1x.networkconfig ; taped to open; received error: installation failed, certificated cannot be loaded 
- Tapped quick1x.networkconfig > selected open with; but QuickConnect app is not listed as an option 
- ANDROID: options > Installed applications: Verified that ClearPass QuickConnect app is listed under installed apps

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPass QuickConnect: network config 'installation failed' on Adroid

You should open a support case ASAP in parallel to this post.  It could be a problem that is specific to your setup...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I am having same problem with Redmi Note3 and we even logged a TAC case with Aruba support. After 3 days, they said that it is not an Aruba problem and closed the case. Strange, but if Aruba Quickconnect is not able to register the mime type .networkconfig and is not able to attach itself as the application in which this file should open, how come it is not an Aruba problem?

Guru Elite

Do you have a case#?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

The case number is #1943389.

Guru Elite

I think what is holding us up is that we do not have a Xiaomi Redmi 3 on hand to replicate your issue.  If you have another handset that it is not working on, we can try to obtain that and get more info.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

The same issue has been posted for a Moto G4 on the thread available at https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/On-Moto-4G-Android-6-networkconfig-file-not-opening/m-p/275185/highlight/false#M27588

I have tried it on a Moto G4 on my end and it was working fine though. I have Redmi Note 3 with Android 5 on it and that works fine, it's a problem with 6 though.

I tried googling around and figured that it is because the application (Aruba Quick Connect) is not able to register the mime type .networkconfig in the Android system. I have tried using Android Browser as well as Chrome and face this issue on both of them. 

Guru Elite

It seems that in the post Moto G4 it is an end user who is having the problem.  They should work with their organization to open a case with Aruba, because there is a chance that something is not right.  End-Users do not have access to the ClearPass backend to know how things are configured, so they can only give us limited information, and we won't really get anywhere.   For your situation, we probably need the exact device and exact OS to replicate, otherwise we do not know where to look.

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

tsvirk:
"Aruba Quickconnect is not able to register the mime type .networkconfig and is not able to attach itself as the application in which this file should open, how come it is not an Aruba problem?"

cjoseph:
"I think what is holding us up is that we do not have a Xiaomi Redmi 3 on hand to replicate your issue."

Thanks everyone for the input. I was afraid this issue is speccific to recent Xiaomi systems. Lets hope something can be done from your end. I will try to make a support case from our IT and share our findings here.

BTW here is my system:
Android 5.1.1 LMY47V
MIUI 7.1.2.0 LHPCNCK

Occasional Contributor I

Mine device details are as below:

Device: Redmi Note 3 32G 3GB RAM

MIUI 8 Global 6.9.15

Android Version 6.0.1 MMB29M

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for