Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Security Solution Complement or Full suite?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Security Solution Complement or Full suite?

Posted Aug 29, 2017 04:18 PM

Hello.

I am new in the HPE solutions. I want know if clearpass + aruba switches/AP are a complement to NGFW or I can replace my firewall with the Aruba solutions.

For example I work in the network switches and security in my company. So I work with Sonicwall. However My company is a HPE partner now and we want to sell Security Solutions. So clear pass looks really good. But must of the things it does. Like user user authentication , Fiirewall policies, App visualization etc I can do it with the firewall. So my questionis if my clients already have a network wifi with policies,authentication methods, Users reports(navegation,bandwith use) Why I must add Clearpass to their network or when I can recommend  Clearpass? Also I know Aruba AP have Integrated firewall. But HPE has a NGFW solution?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Security Solution Complement or Full suite?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 04:59 PM

ClearPass is a multi-vendor central policy engine that supports Aruba networking gear as well as nearly every other vendor that supports standards-based protocols like RADIUS and RESTful APIs.

It's best to set up a meeting with your Aruba channel team to get started.