Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

Posted Oct 15, 2013 04:35 PM

I want to set guest accounts to expire at the end of the business day.  Is there a way to specify this instead of a set amount of hours? I still want sponsor's to be able to extend the account expiration via the confirmation email they receive so the solution will need to be compatible with this.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2013 05:26 PM

You will need to modify the modify_expire_time

Visitor Account Expiration Properties
    * do_expire, modify_expire_time, expire_after and expire_time: These fields are used to determine the time at which the visitor account will expire.
    - If modify_expire_time is “none”, then the account has no expiration time set.
    - If modify_expire_time is “now”, then the account is disabled and has no expiration time set.
    - If modify_expire_time is a value that specifies a relative time change, for example “+1h”, then the visitor account’s expiration time is modified accordingly.
    - If modify_expire_time is a value that specifies an absolute time, for example “2010-12-31 17:00”, then the visitor account’s expiration time is set to that value.
    - If modify_expire_time is “expire_after” or “expire_time”, then the expiration time is determined according to the expire_after or expire_time fields as explained below.
    - If expire_after is set and not zero and the account will be activated immediately, then add the value in hours to the current time to determine the expiration time.
    - If expire_after is set and not zero and account activation is set for a future time (schedule_time) instead of the current time, then the expiration time is calculated relative to the activation time instead of the current time.
    - Otherwise, if expire_after is zero, negative or unset, and expire_time has been specified, use that expiration time. If the expire_time specified is in the past, set do_expire to 0 and ignore the specified expiration time.
    - If the expire_timezone field is used in conjunction with expire_time and a time zone and date are selected, the date calculation is adjusted relative to the time zone.
    - Otherwise, if expire_time is not specified, then the expire_time is not set and do_expire will always be set to zero.
    - If the do_expire field is not included in the form, the default expiration action is 4, Logout and Delete. This can be configured on the Customize Guest Manager page.
    * expire_postlogin: This field determines the amount of time after the initial login for which the visitor account will remain valid. If this field is not specified, the default value is 0 (account lifetime not set).
    * expire_usage: This field determines the total amount of login time permitted for the visitor account. If this field is not specified, the default value is 0 (account usage is unlimited).

• 3.  RE: ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2013 05:29 PM

Sorry I forgot to add...

'today 23:59' for 'Tonight'

• 4.  RE: ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

Posted Oct 15, 2013 11:36 PM

good explaintaion, two questions jumped from my head in continues to this post,

the expiration time is diffrent than the lifetime (Session time) right? how can i achive,and configure the following need:

guest user can use his account for 1 hour in each 24 hours. (And not more)

please advise

thanks,

me

• 5.  RE: ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2013 12:58 AM

I'll see if I can though a how-to together in the next day or so. There is some magic that you will need to do in CPPM service if you are using mac caching. 

You can also use the Hot Spot plans to set it up also. Just remove the payment option. (hot spot is free and included since 6.1)

Just as a quick reminder (even I forget to check :) ) 

Make sure you take a quick look at the help section. There are a lot of examples that will help out.

screenshot_07 Oct. 15 23.44.gif

screenshot_06 Oct. 15 23.44.gif

screenshot_05 Oct. 15 23.43.gif

• 6.  RE: ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

Posted Oct 16, 2013 12:26 PM

This worked perfectly.  Thanks Troy!

I wasn't aware the Help had all the info.  Very good to know.

• 7.  RE: ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

Posted May 30, 2014 12:42 PM

I see this section in the GUI but I cannot highlitght the different expiration time options to change them.  Can they even be changed?

• 8.  RE: ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2014 01:16 AM
    Yes you can edit them. Make sure your account rights at the top show IT Administrator

• 9.  RE: ClearPass - Set Account Expiration to End of Day

Posted Apr 17, 2019 04:59 AM

Appologies for getting the old thread back alive but I found it quite interesting on the "Today 23:59" initial value of "expire-time" field in the registation form.

I've been trying to set a similar expire-time as the end of the current school year, but I am missing the variables available such as "today". Is there a "Current_Year september the 1st" of "Next_Year september the 1st" I could use for that depending if we the current date is already past september or not?

I managed to program some smarty code on a web page, but that, even incomplete, won't be accepted into the initial value field of the form.