Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass and VPN configuration

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  ClearPass and VPN configuration

Posted Sep 18, 2013 05:12 PM

Hey all -

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm trying to find documentation on configuring VPN and ClearPass.

I have an Aruba 3400 controller, just brought the ClearPass appliance online and am needing to configure this for VPN replacement for computers at the moment (Windows, Linux and Mac)

I have been reading some of the clearpass documents - but haven't been able to quite figure out how this is all going to work together.

If anybody can point me to the documentation - that would be awesome.

Thank you!

Lirria

• 2.  RE: ClearPass and VPN configuration

Posted Sep 18, 2013 05:40 PM

ClearPass itself is not a VPN server/concentrator.  It can be used as an enforcement point (authentication, authorization, policy, etc.).   The controller may suit your needs either with the VIA client (Aruba VPN) or as VPN concentrator for other VPN clients.   The ArubaOS User Guide has instructions on this; and there is a VIA deployment guide.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass and VPN configuration

Posted Sep 18, 2013 05:44 PM

OK -that makes more sense to what I was seeing in all the documentation (but there are 3 of us trying to get this to work so......)

Thank you - I'll take a look at that file.

Lirria

• 4.  RE: ClearPass and VPN configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 07:10 AM

Perhaps what you saw was the VPN config embedded into the OnGuard Agent.  OnGuard is our NAC persistent agent..however, we have embedded the VIA client into that agent meaning that you can now have a UNIFIED agent that will do BOTH VPN and posture checking.

VERY COOL!!!

• 5.  RE: ClearPass and VPN configuration

Posted Mar 29, 2018 11:30 AM

Do you have any documentation on how to setup Aruba ClearPass to do Radius for Cisco Anyconnect with Cisco Firepower?