Security

Frequent Contributor II

ClearPass and VPN configuration

Hey all -

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm trying to find documentation on configuring VPN and ClearPass.

I have an Aruba 3400 controller, just brought the ClearPass appliance online and am needing to configure this for VPN replacement for computers at the moment (Windows, Linux and Mac)

I have been reading some of the clearpass documents - but haven't been able to quite figure out how this is all going to work together.

If anybody can point me to the documentation - that would be awesome.

Thank you!

Lirria

Aruba

Re: ClearPass and VPN configuration

[ Edited ]

ClearPass itself is not a VPN server/concentrator.  It can be used as an enforcement point (authentication, authorization, policy, etc.).   The controller may suit your needs either with the VIA client (Aruba VPN) or as VPN concentrator for other VPN clients.   The ArubaOS User Guide has instructions on this; and there is a VIA deployment guide.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Frequent Contributor II

OK -that makes more sense to what I was seeing in all the documentation (but there are 3 of us trying to get this to work so......)

Thank you - I'll take a look at that file.

Lirria

Aruba

Perhaps what you saw was the VPN config embedded into the OnGuard Agent.  OnGuard is our NAC persistent agent..however, we have embedded the VIA client into that agent meaning that you can now have a UNIFIED agent that will do BOTH VPN and posture checking.

VERY COOL!!!

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: