Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass disk space alert

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  ClearPass disk space alert

Posted Nov 14, 2014 04:29 AM

Hello guys,

The CPPM gives an error indicating:

System is running on low disk space.

The Total Disk space of the virtual machine that ClearPass is installed has a total of 220 GB(100+120). Also it's installed on ESX 5.5.

But Clearpass says that it has a total of 50 GB disk space and required space is at least 80 GB.

Can you help me to troubleshoot?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass disk space alert

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2014 04:43 AM
    1. Is this production and what size. 500, 5k or 25k
    2. What version are you running?
    3. As of 6.3 you will only have 2 drives. One that is 20 gig that is never touched and 1 drive that will be partitioned in half. Half that is running drive and the other have for upgrades. From the error you are seeing it sounds like someone didn't read the release notes when they upgraded

• 3.  RE: ClearPass disk space alert

Posted Nov 14, 2014 05:02 AM

1- By production, i think you mean if it's been used. Yes, it is used for a year. The size is 500.

2- The version is 6.4.0.

3- I think our client upgraded it and right now he is saying he also experiences upgrade issues and what you say directly addresses this issue.

A few minutes ago i remotely connected to the CPPM. The resources were 100+120+50 GB. I will going to revise the memory need of the related version. And change the memory resources accordingly. Unless you have another advise? 

• 4.  RE: ClearPass disk space alert

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2014 05:08 AM
    You will not be able to adjust the disk size if it is already upgraded. You will most likely will need to backup and restore to a new VM. You should open a TAC case. They might have a way for you to adjust it but I doubt it. they will need to adjust the lic to the new vm if they cannot.