01-14-2016 05:29 PM
I've been configuring a ClearPass cluster without automatic failover, and I'm curious to know the correct process for restoring to the original state following a manual failover...
CP1 = Publisher
CP2 = Subscriber
Scenario: CP1 fails (data centre gets hit by an asteroid) and CP2 is manually promoted to Publisher.
What is the correct way to eventually rebuild CP1 and re-add to the cluster as Publisher, without loosing any configuration changes that have been made while CP2 has been Publisher?
I'm guessing the following?
1) Re-add CP1 as subscriber to CP2
2) Shutdown CP2
3) Promote CP1 to subscriber
4) Reset database on CP2 and make subscriber to CP1
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-14-2016 08:30 PM
Did you read my CPPM Clustering TechNote, page 44-45 covers what you need to do.
- on CP2 you likely have to force drop the CP1 node
- on CP1 in the cli 'cluster reset-database'
- reload CP1
- re-add CP1 node to cluster
- then after they have sync'd you'll have to promote the nodes as required.
Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass
-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.