Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass reporting on endpoint category and role

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass reporting on endpoint category and role

Posted Sep 30, 2013 02:05 PM

I believe I like most ClearPass administrators are assigning Roles to users by which policy is applied. For example, staff are assigned "staff" role; guests are assigned "guest" role, etc. I'm looking to get a breakdown of smartdevices/mobile by role. In other words, how many guests are coming online and how many of those endpoints are smartdevices.

Has anyone found a way to gather this information?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass reporting on endpoint category and role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2013 03:43 PM

I assume you also have Airwave?  Perhaps a client inventory report with those roles?  Have you looked at Insight?  There is MUCH more functionality coming in our next version by the end of the year

• 3.  RE: ClearPass reporting on endpoint category and role

Posted Oct 01, 2013 03:49 PM

Thanks, Seth. We're on ArubaOS 6.1.3.x meaning that we can't use AMON to Airwave and rely on SNMP polling. This results in about 30+% unknown device types. Since ClearPass is doing DHCP fingerprinting, that's currently a more reliable source.

By next version, you mean ClearPass 6.3.x? Can you elaborate?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass reporting on endpoint category and role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2013 03:57 PM

The reporting will be much richer and more customizable but Insight is pretty good in 6.2.  Have you tried a report based on what you require?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass reporting on endpoint category and role

Posted Oct 01, 2013 04:11 PM
    Yes. I thought the new endpoint report template would give me what I need, but it does not correlate/tie endpoint information with ClearPass role. So, I can see the smart device vs computer, but I can't see how many smart devices are "guests" vs "employee", etc.

- Ryan -