Security

MVP

ClearPass reporting on endpoint category and role

I believe I like most ClearPass administrators are assigning Roles to users by which policy is applied. For example, staff are assigned "staff" role; guests are assigned "guest" role, etc. I'm looking to get a breakdown of smartdevices/mobile by role. In other words, how many guests are coming online and how many of those endpoints are smartdevices.

Has anyone found a way to gather this information?

==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Aruba

Re: ClearPass reporting on endpoint category and role

I assume you also have Airwave?  Perhaps a client inventory report with those roles?  Have you looked at Insight?  There is MUCH more functionality coming in our next version by the end of the year

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
MVP

Thanks, Seth. We're on ArubaOS 6.1.3.x meaning that we can't use AMON to Airwave and rely on SNMP polling. This results in about 30+% unknown device types. Since ClearPass is doing DHCP fingerprinting, that's currently a more reliable source.

By next version, you mean ClearPass 6.3.x? Can you elaborate?

==========
Aruba

The reporting will be much richer and more customizable but Insight is pretty good in 6.2.  Have you tried a report based on what you require?

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
MVP

Yes. I thought the new endpoint report template would give me what I need, but it does not correlate/tie endpoint information with ClearPass role. So, I can see the smart device vs computer, but I can't see how many smart devices are "guests" vs "employee", etc.

- Ryan -
==========
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: