Security

Super Contributor II

Re: ClearPass subscriber out of sync

Thanks for the explanation @cappalli!

Sorry for my ignorance but I was just wondering about the age out time. Would this be beneficial if on your controllers/switches you had a secondary auth server configured? Or does this help with preventing the controllers/switches needlessly sending requests?

MVP

Very good point, Tim.
=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

It all depends on how you have things setup.

My previous environment did not use a VIP on ClearPass so each server was setup individually as an authentication server in the controllers and switches. We did use RADIUS load-balacing in AOS 6.4 so by stopping the services, it would put that authentication server out-of-service.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Hi geeks,

I had a situation, one of my subscribr went out of sync for more than 24 hours, and publisher has declared it out of sync. therefore, I dropped the subscriber from the cluster via the subscriber node.

After I rejoin the cluster, all its authenticated machine cache has been erased. therefore it was not accpeting any user auth due to absence of machine auth. then i need to reboot the machines to get the machine auth done.

Is that I did something wrong in rejoining the cluster?? Is this an expected behaviour or there is better way to do things?

Super Contributor II

I can't speak to whether or not the machine cache being cleared is normal or not.

You can avoid this issue though by writing an attribute into the endpoint database when a machine successfully authenticates. Then use a role mapping to give the machine a role based on that attribute.

This is especially helpful with laptops that disappear on a business trip and then the user comes back, but has put their laptop to sleep and not signed out.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: