Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass to log guest in with their members ID?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass to log guest in with their members ID?

Posted Jul 23, 2015 01:43 AM

Hi Forum,

I have added a generic sql database as an auth source and added a single attribute to be looked and that is a phone number for registered members in that database. Now what I have difficulty with is I made a new web portal for members and it will prompt them to put their phone number to be looked against that database and provide access if the phone number exist in the database. The captive portal is asking them for their number but I'm not sure how to link that to the database. Give me any ideas if I'm making sense.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: ClearPass to log guest in with their members ID?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2015 01:47 AM
    You would use that SQL source as the auth source for your pre-auth and web login services.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: ClearPass to log guest in with their members ID?

Posted Jul 23, 2015 01:49 AM

Pre-auth meaning my guest service with mac cashing(since I will setup mac cashing). Add that sql as a authentication source?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass to log guest in with their members ID?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2015 04:35 PM

Since you are not using the internal CPG database, you need to change the form to do a RADIUS pre-auth check and then create a new RADIUS Enforcement service to handle the pre-authentication check. Otherwise if users put in bad credentials, they won't know until the controller login attempt (there will be no visual feedback on the form).