Security

Trusted Contributor I

ClearPass to send access challenge for token

this question is about ClearPass as radius server for user authentication on a device, not so much for wireless based on EAP.

some products (i.e. juniper / fortigate) can show a seconday login field (for token or secondary password) once the radius server returns a access challenge instead of a access reject / accept. can the ClearPass be configured to do this? if so, how / where?

Contributor I

Re: ClearPass to send access challenge for token

I was told this can be used to gather some extra intel from the access switch reagring the authenticating user too. Am I wrong? It looks like we would have to look somewhere else for a radius capable of this though.

Trusted Contributor I

never heard it happen automatically. but if you mean the user to provide extra info themselves, yes that is the idea.

yeah, question is like 4 years old now, didn't see anything similar pop up but perhaps missed it.

if people need it be sure to contact your local HPE Aruba sales and let them know.

Contributor I

Asked my local sales engineer and pointed out to this thread. Hope he can clarify because lately two-factor authentication is becoming prevalent and often the requested factors are not user owned or user known, but something network known or configured. Sound messy but cant detail further because of an NDA.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: