Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPassGuest No Login Password

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPassGuest No Login Password

Posted Sep 20, 2012 07:14 AM

I have amigopod configured for self registration by Name and email address. Works... Problem is, Amigopod still gives them a password and requires them to log in with a user name and password. I don't ever want them to see the login page if they self register until their account expires. Or at least never have them enter a password.

Right now our customers connect, agree to our terms and now have limited  Internet access. Basically, I want them to connect and have the option to self register and by doing so,  no TOS, less restrictions and no loging in.It only costs them subscribing to our weakly news letter.

I was told we can do this with guest, but I can't seem to figure out how. Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: ClearPassGuest No Login Password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2012 10:37 AM

To have people not need to formally log in again, you need to enable MAC cacheing.  This is a toggle in the role edit screen.  If you search 'mac cache' in the inline help you will get a number of good hits.  How to make the self-registration screen generate just a MAC account in the first place is probably what you want.  The Aruba controllers need to be configured with MAC authentication and captive portal fallabck. 

• 3.  RE: ClearPassGuest No Login Password

Posted Sep 24, 2012 10:54 AM

Awesome! Found what I need. Thanks!