Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 3.9 - disable auto send sms only for some operation

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 3.9 - disable auto send sms only for some operation

Posted Oct 07, 2013 09:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

i've a working Clearpass 3.9 providing hotspot guest service for several chillispot devices.

actually my config is simple:

chillispot show captive portal to my guests, guests insert mobile number and automatically he will recieve sms with the password.

now here is the issue with mac-caching:

if i enable mac caching clearpass start to create devices (with guest mac address) and try to send sms to number calculated from the mac (not existent) eating my sms credits.

So, how can i tell clearpass to send sms only to user creation and not on device creation after usefoul user auth?.

it's possible?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 3.9 - disable auto send sms only for some operation

Posted Oct 07, 2013 10:15 AM

i read the "Auto create Mac Auth account" but at the last step the tmp-string-0 set "auto_update_account" = 1 and so every mac address paired devices it will send an sms

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 3.9 - disable auto send sms only for some operation

Posted Oct 08, 2013 02:30 PM

Andrea,

You should use the auto_send_sms field to achieve this.  Set it to 1 for a regular user, and set it to 0 for a device creation.  This field can then be used to determine whether an SMS is sent with the account registration.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 3.9 - disable auto send sms only for some operation
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2013 11:02 AM

i found that the filed i was using by default was the auto_send_sms one, so i select to use another filed (empty one) to auto_send_sms feature and i fix it