Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.3.4 release notes

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.3.4 release notes

MVP
    Posted Jul 03, 2014 02:50 AM

The link clearpass gives for the release notes doesnt have the 6.3.4  notes yet.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/6875/Default.aspx or Documentation > Software User & Reference Guides > ClearPass > Policy Manager (eTIPS)

Can we get those patch notes please?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.3.4 release notes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2014 02:54 AM

Koenv,

There were some last minute changes that had to be added to the release notes. The updated doc should be posted soon.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.3.4 release notes
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2014 06:00 PM
    The release notes are now posted. Sorry for the delay....

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.3.4 release notes

MVP
    Posted Jul 03, 2014 06:01 PM

thanks!

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 6.3.4 release notes

MVP
    Posted Jul 04, 2014 09:31 AM

nevermind, this is when upgrading from 6.1 or 6.2 to 6.3.4 apparently. Missed that distinction.

The release notes mention this on page 12 (After You Upgrade):

To reduce downtime, the default upgrade behavior will now back up Log Database and Access Tracker
    records but will not restore them as part of the upgrade. If required, you can manually restore them after the
    upgrade through either the application or the CLI. The session log database contains:
     Access Tracker and Accounting records
     Event Viewer
     ClearPass Guest Application Log

and then goes on to tell how to restore these.

When I checked after upgrading however all my access tracker data was still there and no file could be found in Administration > Server Manager > Local Shared Folders.

So whats the deal here? Was this 'feature' left out or why am I seeing different behaviour from our system?