Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.3 to 6.4 upgrade times

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.3 to 6.4 upgrade times

Posted Nov 16, 2014 10:49 PM

Hi All,

I can see in the 6.4.2 release notes that the upgrade process has changed and now the log upgrades are done as a separate process to the software / configuration upgrades.

Has anybody done this in a live network yet? 

I'm curious to know if it really does cut the times down to what the release notes suggest. 

My past experiences in going from 6.1-6.2 and 6.2-6.3 on HW-25K's has been that it takes 1.5-2 hours for major upgrade and 30-60 minutes for some patches. 

Would love to cut this time down!

Scott

#6.4

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.3 to 6.4 upgrade times
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2014 12:33 AM
    Ive had quite a few customers that have upgraded and the times you see in the release notes are valid. We also have test against multiple customers backups to verify the times.

The actual running system is a very small size compared to the logs and historical data.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.3 to 6.4 upgrade times

Posted Nov 17, 2014 11:35 PM

Thanks Troy, thats great progress!

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.3 to 6.4 upgrade times

Posted Nov 21, 2014 02:16 PM

Our tipsdb is very large (4+GB) and it was taking between 1.5 and 2.5 hours per subscriber.   Good luck if you have a large deployment.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 6.3 to 6.4 upgrade times

Posted Apr 23, 2015 07:23 PM

Yeah 90-150 minutes . . . wth. How are we supposed to suffer through that? Surely there's a better way, right?