Security

Contributor II

Clearpass 6.4 php code support

I have custom php page hosted in clearpass public directory. All codes are html, but I have few lines using php.

With clearpass 6.4, php tag is no longer supported.  Basically what I want to achieve is pass the page url to href in <a></a> link in the same webpage. Is there a workaround on using php? or any other alternative scripting language supported by clearpass 6.4?

Contributor II

Re: Clearpass 6.5 php code support

I mean clearpass 6.5.

I would post an example of your code
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Contributor II

php code:

<?php

?>

this is broken on clearpass 6.5

Guru Elite

Not broken, but removed, according to the release notes with 6.5.  Are you trying to do something before login or after login?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

Before login, I have some customization script...I capture the page url   https://cppm.com?mac=xxxx and

use php to write this code on the page link.  Since php is not supported anymore, my custom captive portal page is broken.

Is there a workaround on this issue?

Guru Elite

There is not a workaround for this, unfortunately.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Aruba Employee

Actually, there is a workaround. Just know that you are exposing your system to potential security risks by re-enabling the {php} feature. We suggest that you find another way to accomplish what you need.

Within CP Guest, go to Administration > Plugin Manager. Click Configuration under Kernel Plugins > Kernel. For the item Template Scripting you will find three choices. These choices control the usage of {php} tags.

Secure (the default, prevents usage of {php} tags)

Insecure - Enable templating engine (allows use of {php} tags)

Warn - Allow but log usage of restricted calls (self explanatory)

Contributor II

Will enabling this option allow php code in a page in https://cppm/guest/public/test.php to run? 

I enable this option but it does run the php code in test.php. 

Contributor II

Its working now. I have to restart the clearpass.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: