Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2015 02:45 AM

A few of you have might have noticed the 6.5 upgrade is showing up in the updates on your CPPM servers. The new images and files will be posted in the next day or so if you need to do a new VM install. The off line files are available on the support site.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/EntryId/16476/Default.aspx

I will post a announcement to the running post above when the files are ready.

Big props and Kudos to all the great ideas coming in from customers and the engineers, and guys that put it all together.

Make sure you keep an eye out at atmosphere for Product Management, Technical Marketing (@dannyjump), @cjoseph myself and the Great MVPs that help out on the post here. I believe fast finger freddie AKA @cappalli, @victorfabian and many others will also be running around so make sure you say hi.

Please remember to read the release notes before you upgrade and make sure you take a current backup and/or VM snapshot.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

Posted Feb 22, 2015 11:00 AM

Just a quick note about the release of the VMs.

Initially we will post the ESXi VM's as per usual, as Troy says in the next 24 hours.

I want to advise you initially the VM's for Hyper-V won't be posted, as we have discovered a minor issue relating to the performance characteristics of CPPM running on Hyper-V which engineering is working through. We anticipate the release of the Hyper-V VM's to be within the next couple of weeks.

If you have an urgent need for a customer then we may be able to release a version to you based upon their requirements on a case-by-case bases. If you give us more details on the environment including flavor of Hyper-V and what features they are planning to use.... # of endpoints, single node or clustered etc.

You can send those requests to danny@arubanetworks.com and madani@arubanetworks.com. Please set the SUBJECT to "CPPM 6.5 Hyper-V Customer Request".

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

Posted Feb 23, 2015 03:43 PM

Troy and Danny,

Taking a look at the VM requirements for 6.5, it appears that the hard drive requirements have doubled. Will a 6.4 configuration still be supported on an upgrade? I'm curious if we have to upgrade the 6.4 cluster, take a backup, and then install a fresh copy of 6.5 for the VM's to be appropriately sized.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated - thanks!

-Mike

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

Posted Feb 27, 2015 02:42 PM

@boston1630 wrote:

Troy and Danny,

Taking a look at the VM requirements for 6.5, it appears that the hard drive requirements have doubled. Will a 6.4 configuration still be supported on an upgrade? I'm curious if we have to upgrade the 6.4 cluster, take a backup, and then install a fresh copy of 6.5 for the VM's to be appropriately sized.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated - thanks!

-Mike

Thoughts about this?

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2015 01:45 PM

Sorry for the delay on this. Once engineering gets back to use for upgrades I will post here. 

• 6.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

Posted Mar 01, 2015 01:52 PM

• 7.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

Posted Mar 01, 2015 01:56 PM

the tech note just says you can upgrade from 6.4 to 6.4 using the WEB gui, nothing about the fact that for an example CP-500 now is 500 GB disk instead of 250 GB like in 6.4, what are the recommendations? backup and re-install with 500 GB disks?

• 8.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2015 02:10 PM
    All new installs must meet the new requirements. If you have the drive space my recommendation is to deploy a new vm and do a backup and restore. like I stated above I will post when I find out on upgrades

• 9.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

Posted Feb 26, 2015 04:49 PM

The support site seems to have gone down for the moment but I'm looking forward to checking this out.   I've got academic customers who've been waiting a long time for CPPM support for Hyper-V.   Thank you.

• 10.  RE: Clearpass 6.5 and Atmosphere

Posted Feb 26, 2015 06:36 PM

Hyper-V VM's are NOT available currently. We plan to release the Hyper-V images in the next couple of week. We just need to iron out a couple of performance related issues we are seeing.