Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 802.1x Windows 10 update

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 802.1x Windows 10 update

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:01 AM

Hi

We have a huge problem!

When our windows 10 clients is updated to 1703, 1709 the update resets the 802.1x autentication settings and the client sends to guest vlan and cannot connect to the domain to recieve the gpo that sets the 802.1x settings....

What is the best solution?

/Johnny

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x Windows 10 update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2018 03:59 AM

I'm unaware of clients losing 8021.X settings during an upgrade or Windows 10 to the mentioned versions.

For a broader view on this subject, what I see happening is that access to supporting systems to get a client in the domain and compliant to the policy (like domain controllers, PXE boot servers, AV/MDM management, software distribution) are allowed regardless the 802.1X authentication.

Some customers use specific staging ports for that, others mark the clients in the endpoint database as known corporate machines and put them in a specific VLAN+role that allows PXE netboot and domain joins, and some allow traffic to the domain controller as a bypass on the guest VLAN. What works best for you is dependent on the exact situation. Likely, these options will give inspiration for an acceptable solution in your case.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x Windows 10 update

Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:26 AM
    Hi

There is more people that having this problem =(

We dont want to use Mac-auth

And this problem is on all our 500 klients, so opening ports would be useless =( Can you check within your company how to solve this?

/Johnny

Johnny Ericsson

IT-Avdelningen

IT-Tekniker

STATENS VETERINÄRMEDICINSKA ANSTALT
    Telefon: 018-67 40 15
    E-post: johnny.ericsson@sva.se

www.sva.se

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x Windows 10 update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:51 AM

The options that I described are what I know of that others do. If those options don't work for you, given the urgency, it probably is best to contact your Aruba partners, local SE, or Aruba TAC.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x Windows 10 update
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 01, 2018 03:31 AM
      |   view attached

Problem solved:

Instead of using windowsupdate or softwareupdate in sccm, we did a tasksequence in sccm with 1709-upgrade....after the upgrade in the tasksequence we run this script:

netsh lan add profile filename=eap.xml

eap.xml was exported från a clearpassed computer.

See picture!

/Johnny