Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 802.1x authentication via Active Directory

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 802.1x authentication via Active Directory

Posted Jun 22, 2012 01:15 PM

Hi there,

We are trying to get Clearpass to authenticate wireless clients based in Microsoft active directory (AD) through 802.1x.

Clearpass has been integrated with AD and it can successfully browse the domain and authenticate users via its CLI. However, users that are attempting to authenticate via an AP -> Controller are not able to connect.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Andres

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x authentication via Active Directory

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2012 04:17 PM

Did you create a wireless 802.1x service in clearpass using the Wizard?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x authentication via Active Directory

Posted Jun 22, 2012 04:27 PM
    When you say cli are you referring to the aaa test from the controller under diagnostics our is this for ssh access to the cli on the controller? I found I needed to watch out how I configured the service in cppm, and the role map and enforcement profile. If you used the wizard to create the service it may not exactly match the nature of the request as it comes in so it is processes correctly HTH.....? Access tracker always works for me. I'd check the request as it comes in and ensure the computed repose and result is what you expect.. Check the service is also using the correct authorisation source! Good luck sir!

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x authentication via Active Directory

Posted Jun 22, 2012 05:18 PM

Andres,

If your chosen EAP method is PEAP, the ClearPass Policy Manager will need to be joined to the AD domain to get native access to the password store.

Administration > Server Configuration

Rgds

Cam