Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs

Posted Nov 02, 2016 01:27 PM

Hi all, I have a Cisco 5508 WLC running 7.5.102.0, with an 802.1x WLAN authenticating to Clearpass.

The basic dot1x authentication works no problem, but now I want to apply different access lists on the WLC based on Tips:Role

Is there any documentation on how to do this on a WLC?  The references I have found are for Wired dot1x / DACLs, which doesn't apply for this WLC.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs

Posted Nov 02, 2016 01:30 PM
    Can you share your enforcement profiles you are using to send those ACLs ?

Do you have those ACLs configured in your controllers?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs

Posted Nov 02, 2016 02:32 PM
    I have a single ACL defined on the controller, but I don't yet have an enforcement profile configured because I don't have any reference of what to configure. I did try a DACL enforcement, but that didn't work.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs

Posted Nov 02, 2016 02:42 PM

Try this :

Need to replace of course the name of the ACL to mach the ACL you have configured in your controller and ignore the URL attribute

2016-11-02 14_38_51-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 02, 2016 10:18 PM

You'll need to use the Aierspace-ACL-Name attribute in your enforcement policy. The screenshot below is an example of an enforcement policy used with a Cisco 5508 which applies an interface group of mercury, and an ACL of Pump_Restricted. Keep in mind that your WLAN will need to have AAA Override enabled.

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 10.09.26 PM.png

Hope this helps!

• 6.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs

Posted Nov 03, 2016 09:30 AM

Hey Pete, I think what you show is exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to find Type: Aierspace-ACL-Name.  What  Enforcement Profile template are you using?  I've tried various templates and it is not in any of them.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs

Posted Nov 03, 2016 11:16 PM

RADIUS Based Enforcement.

Also, make sure vendor Airespace is enabled under your RADIUS dictionary.  Administration > Dictionaries > RADIUS.

• 8.  RE: Clearpass 802.1x with Cisco WLC per-user ACLs

Posted Nov 04, 2016 10:23 AM

Thanks for the help guys.  I managed to get it working by enabling the Airespace vendor in the dictionary and using the Radius:Airespace-Interface-Name and Radius:Airespace-ACL-Name.

I also found this Cisco guide very useful:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-vlan/71683-dynamicvlan-config.html#WLC