Security

New Contributor

Clearpass Azure AD support ?

Can anyone please confirm if clearpass support SAML based Azure AD authentication ?. We are trying to use SAML based Azure AD as authenitcation source/database for our identity management on clearpass. Is that something it supports ?

Appreciate your comments/feedback

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: Clearpass Azure AD support ?

Yes, it will work. The only real issue is that the Username is returned as a random string.

2016-01-20_09-21-29.png

Additional data is available, but you'll have to modify the Application:SSO dictionary if you want to use it.

2016-01-20_09-19-03.png

Frequent Contributor I

Would you mind jotting down in a reply a breif overview of the steps to get this integration working? Would be greatly appreciated :-)
Any amount of Kudos will be greatly appreciated!!!
New Contributor

rfiler wrote:

Yes, it will work. The only real issue is that the Username is returned as a random string.

2016-01-20_09-21-29.png

Additional data is available, but you'll have to modify the Application:SSO dictionary if you want to use it.

2016-01-20_09-19-03.png

Hello,

I was wondering if this issue is still the case ? (username returned as a random string)

I would like to implement AAD with ClearPass and I would like to get the real username as attribute

Thanks a lot for you help

New Contributor

Hi iAruba/ a.ben,

Any news regarding the random string as username? Is this still the case? What needs to be adjusted in the application- SSO distionary?

Thank you very much for your help! 👍
Guru Elite

Azure Active Directory SAML IdP returns back the standard UPN as the name. No modifications are required.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Great! Thanks Tim.
Aruba Employee

Tony Kord
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for