Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass E-Mailing Guests

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass E-Mailing Guests

Posted Dec 21, 2015 09:03 AM

We've just implemented Clearpass for Guest services and would like to know if there's a way of E-Mailing all the Guest users that are currently registered and active on the system?

The reason for this is that if we need to do any work on Clearpass or do an upgrade of the system then we can let all Guest users know rather than have them clog up our service desk with calls.

Thanks

Jon

• 2.  RE: Clearpass E-Mailing Guests

Posted Dec 21, 2015 09:43 AM

Yes you can .

- First you need to go to the "guest_multi" form under Home » Configuration » Pages » Forms & Views and add the "auto_send_smtp" field

- Then if you want to create a new custom email template you need to go under Home » Configuration » Receipts » Templates and duplicate the GuestManager receipt template and use that one to add any information you would like to send to your guest users.

- Then edit your Guest Page and under Receipt Actions change the Email delivery to the new Template you just created. 

- Go to Home » Guest » Manage Multiple Accounts select the accounts you would like to send the emal to and click Edit and the option to send auto send an email should be there , once you click save the email will be send

• 3.  RE: Clearpass E-Mailing Guests

Posted Dec 22, 2015 03:46 AM

Victor

I've gone through your instructions below and come across an issue, I've tried editing the guest_multi form but I can't find a way of adding extra the extra field. There's no option to add a new field.

Thanks

Jon

• 4.  RE: Clearpass E-Mailing Guests

Posted Dec 22, 2015 06:18 AM
    You can edit one of the other fields that you are not using within the form and add the auto_send_smtp