Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Error 414

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Error 414

Posted Aug 28, 2015 02:10 PM

I'm in the middle of trying to customize a copy of the mactrac_list form/view & I'm running into 414 errors when I attempt to save the modifications I make to the form.  

My guess is that it appears to be a limitation in the length of the customizations.  The HTML I'm providing is valid, but I think I'm just exceeding the ammount of code that's allowed to be posted.  

Is there anyway to verify this AND overcome the limitation?  

I'm running ClearPass Guest 6.4.6.31576 on a 25K appliance, and ClearPass Policy Manager 6.4.6.72714. 

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Error 414

Posted Aug 30, 2015 10:27 AM

Sounds like a TAC case will be needed they can reproduce in their labs if needed.

Might help to see the fields you are editing and a copy of the error.  If you think it is a limitation issue maybe try simplifying it a bit to see if you can get part of it to work.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Error 414

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2015 10:29 AM
    Are you trying to theme it?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Error 414

Posted Aug 31, 2015 09:23 AM

Thanks all, 

I've opened a TAC case.  Hopefully, they'll be able to help me work around this.  

Theme / Customize...  Yes, a bit of both.  I've managed to theme most of it to match the look of our existing web pages, but since I'm unable to add any more code I'm not able to finish & customize the language.  

Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 9.22.35 AM.png

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Error 414

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2015 09:25 AM
    Have you considered using a skin instead of doing the customizations in the
    form itself?