Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass - External Access to Guest services, Securing CPPM

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass - External Access to Guest services, Securing CPPM

Posted Mar 09, 2015 02:54 PM

Airheads,

I'm looking into making Clearpass Guest available externally, outside of our firewall, for the purpose of sponsor guest access approval through an e-mail link as well as guest account creation through the Guest portal. I have some security concerns. I believe there isn't a facility to prevent access to other CPPM components if port 443 & 80 are opened. I'm probably wrong which is why I wanted to reach out to the community and find out what are other people doing and what are some thoughts on the topic. Last time I researched the topic I was told by an Aruba VAR tech that utilizing the second port on the virtual & physical appliance won't assist in preventing access to other CPPM components and mgmt interfaces. Is there a facility within CPPM to restrict access to certain components to certain subnets or another way to secure CPPM if exposed externally?

Thanks,

Peter

• 2.  RE: Clearpass - External Access to Guest services, Securing CPPM
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2015 02:57 PM

You can use the application ACL feature to limit access to other modules.

cp-restrict-access.PNG

• 3.  RE: Clearpass - External Access to Guest services, Securing CPPM

Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:16 PM

Thanks for the info capalli. I knew there was a feature like this in one of the menus.

Have you examined changing the redirect webpage that is being displayed to the clients that try to access the other components? It would be great if it was possible to conceal that the guest solution is running on Clearpass for security reasons.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass - External Access to Guest services, Securing CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:18 PM
    Sounds like a great feature request.

Thanks,
    Tim