Security

Contributor I

Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry

When using Clearpass guest to create a new guest account, can anyone advise how it is possible to modify the options available to a receptionist (or any admin user for that matter) for account expiry?

We'd like to prevent a receptionist from being able to issue wireless guest accounts with long expiry dates - whilst still allowing some degree of choice.

The default options for the dropdown field are:

Account will not expire

Now

Tonight

Friday night

1 hour from now

1 day from now

1 week from now

Account expires after..

Account expires at specific time...

Looking at the field "expire_after" or "modify_aexpire_time" fields in the "create_user" form in clearpass Guest's Configuration -> Forms and Views, I can see it this list is generated by the  "NwaGenerateExpireAfterOptions" options generator, but I cannot find how to modify or adjust this.

How would I, for example, limit this choice to:

Tonight

Friday night

1 hour from now

1 day from now

only?

Or even change the options completely to:

4 hours from now

8 hours from now

Tongiht

1 day from now

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry

Did you  try page 147 of the document here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10987

It shows you the syntax for your choices...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Re: Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry

Thank you. That helped. I saw that in the manual but couldn't understand where I could type it. Of course the simple solution was to change the options generator field to "(Use options)", then an input box appears.

Not all the options are in the manual screenshot but by looking at the html souce of a working dropdown list I was able to extract the values I needed.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: