Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

Posted Apr 16, 2014 04:16 PM

All,

I have a question about a particular workflow for a new Clearpass Guest Self-Registration setup. Here's what I'm trying to do:

1. A user connects to an open-ssid and is re-directed to a captive portal (done)

2. A user is presented a self-registration page that has the following characteristics:

i. A user enters their name, phone number, carrier, and email address (done)

ii. The user is sent a receipt that has their username and password (not done). I'm able to send the SMS message of the receipt and it has the username, but does not have the password.

iii. The user is then redirected to a page where they have to enter their username and password. (not done). I'm currently playing with the receipt page to get that to work. Ideally, it would simply redirect to a standard guest authentication portal upon hitting "Register."

Any help one this would definitely be appreciated - thanks!

-Mike

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

Posted Apr 16, 2014 04:27 PM

All,

I'm now able to get the password in the SMS receipt - so it's moving in the right direction.

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:38 AM

How did you solve the missing password in the sms? :)

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

Posted Jan 19, 2015 09:17 PM

Aranya,

How far have you gotten with this? Let me know and I'll see how I can help.

Thanks!

-Mike

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

Posted Jan 20, 2015 03:15 AM

the only problem i have is the missing password in the sms :)

Our setup is with sponsor approval,  the sms goes to the visitor when he gets approved, but missing the password. If you on the guest account generate a new password and sends an sms the password is in the sms.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2015 03:19 AM
    Check the email template and make sure the password field is enabled. If it is try recreating the page. I've seen issues if you modify the default.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

Posted Jan 20, 2015 03:31 AM

Well the password is in the SMS if you generate a new password for a guest user.

The problem is that the password is not in the sms when you approve the guest, thats using the same template.

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2015 03:34 AM
    They use different back end pages to send to the template. Try recreating the self reg page from scratch. If that doesn't work then open a TAC case.

• 9.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

Posted Jan 20, 2015 03:43 AM

ok i dont see how re-creating the selfreg would help, the password is in the receipt on visitor screen, so the password is generated. It seems like clearpass  has some problem reading it when the guest gets approved and include it in the password.

Approve and re-genareate the password is all done from the manage account in the guest part.

But i will try just setup a dummy reg and try it.

• 10.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self-Reg via SMS

Posted Nov 22, 2017 03:58 AM

Hi can you help me with this same process step by step , since i have the same requirement for a customer.