Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest Welcome Back Redirection

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Welcome Back Redirection

Posted May 25, 2018 02:36 PM

Hi Community,

We have a costumer that wants the visitors who come back, and the MAC Caching is expired, but the endpoint continue to be a known device, to receives a splash page saying, (Welcome “Username”, click here to continue browsing. If you are not “Username click here to register.) and with an institutional video on this page.

Can you please help me how to accomplish these ? I have doubt on how to construct this page in order to work.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest Welcome Back Redirection

Posted May 25, 2018 03:03 PM
    Are you using Aruba wireless ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest Welcome Back Redirection

Posted May 25, 2018 03:06 PM

Yes, We are using Aruba Instant managed by AirWave.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest Welcome Back Redirection

Posted May 25, 2018 05:09 PM

You need to create the role that will redirect the user to the guest _login page 2018-05-25 16_56_41-Window.pngThen create an enforcement profile to send that role 2018-05-25 16_59_29-Window.pngAssuming that you are using Mac Caching and you are stamping the endpoint db with the guest role and mac-expiry , then condition should be that if the device is "Known" in the endpoint db and was registered as [Guest] then return the "REDIRECT-ROLE"2018-05-25 17_01_08-Window.png

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest Welcome Back Redirection

Posted May 28, 2018 09:16 AM

Hi Victor,

This really helps a lot. I got you the idea of the redirect role.

Regarding the weblogin page, do you know how can I construct a webpage on the CP to work like that ?

Welcome “Username”, click here to continue browsing. If you are not “Username click here to register.

And with the click here action the idea is to automatic give more 24hours of mac caching without the need to provide the credentials again on the portal. I do not know how to construct the action “click here”.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest Welcome Back Redirection

Posted May 28, 2018 09:58 PM
    If you create self registration page with the galleria skin the guest login page already has the option to login or to register (which is the URL you need to use in the new user-role)

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest Welcome Back Redirection

Posted Jun 05, 2018 10:36 AM

Victor,

Thanks for your reply. I can see that using the self-registration it already creates a second URL in order to authenticate the existing users. But this page forces the users to type the user and password. Our customer wants just that the clients receive a captive portal with some advertisements and them click on an button in order to surf and have one more day of mac caching.

I’m in doubt on how to create a portal just with an accept button that the action is to postpone the mac caching in one more day.

Thanks