Security

Contributor I

Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

Has anyone seen this clearpass guest error when trying to log on?

-:NwaLdapSponsorUserSearchAjax not callable

It happens if I use the new "sponsor_lookup" field, instead of "sponsor_name" on a self-registration page. The page works. A sponsor e-mail address can be looked up from AD, an e-mail is sent and the sponsor can approve access.

But once the guest account is enabled and the guest clicks "Log in", I just get a white page with this error.

The problem sounds similar to this issue although for me a reboot did nothing to help.

Aruba Employee

Re: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

Greetings, we still have not found exactly what is sparking this error within the lookup code.  The work around for testing is to clear the server session cache on you.  This can be done with the special parameter '_clear'.  For instance, go to 'guest_register.php?_clear=1'.  

The positive test case should work.  Enter a search, have it lookup, and login.  We believe the error is coming at some point during an error or page refresh.  

We will have a fix in the next monthly patch.

Contributor I

Thank you for your reply. I've tried what you suggest:

1. New browser session, go to "guest_register.php?_clear=1"

2. Lookup sponsor, input other details and submit form.

3. Sponsor gets e-mail, clicks link and approves.

4. Receipt page ("guest_register_receipt.php?refresh=1") auto-refreshes and login button becomes available.

5. Click login button.

6. SAME ERROR: -:NwaLdapSponsorUserSearchAjax not callable

Am I doing something wrong?

Aruba Employee

Well, please confirm what skin you are using.  But it sounds like you need to get in touch with support.  We have a fix coming in the monthly patch, but we are still looking for a workaround.  You can still do the original style of sponsor confirmations.  The issue comes with the realtime search.  

Contributor I

Thank you. Useful information.

I had been using a custom skin, but I've tried the default skin and the problem still occurs.

This seems to be a major obstacle to using sponsor lookups at all so I look forward to the patch soon.

Do you know the expected date of release?

MVP

Was using a custom skin which killed the entire dynamic portion of the lookup field so changed it back to default (the aruba clearpass) skin.

With this default skin I am able to get through the same 6 steps as jharb with the exact same result too.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
New Contributor

Just to add my experience with this, I've seen this same thing now with two customer sites, including our own enterprise. Our enterprise was working, with a skin, as intended. After applying the struts vulnerability patch, our system is now broken as well. I can't blame the patch directly, but something over the past 7-10 broke sponsor_lookup.

Awaiting a fix.

New Contributor

I am having the same issue!!!

Wating for this fix too!!

Contributor I

Patch 6.2.1, released Sept 13, 2013 fixes this problem.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: