Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

Posted Aug 13, 2013 12:29 PM

Has anyone seen this clearpass guest error when trying to log on?

-:NwaLdapSponsorUserSearchAjax not callable

It happens if I use the new "sponsor_lookup" field, instead of "sponsor_name" on a self-registration page. The page works. A sponsor e-mail address can be looked up from AD, an e-mail is sent and the sponsor can approve access.

But once the guest account is enabled and the guest clicks "Log in", I just get a white page with this error.

The problem sounds similar to this issue although for me a reboot did nothing to help.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2013 02:01 PM

Greetings, we still have not found exactly what is sparking this error within the lookup code.  The work around for testing is to clear the server session cache on you.  This can be done with the special parameter '_clear'.  For instance, go to 'guest_register.php?_clear=1'.  

The positive test case should work.  Enter a search, have it lookup, and login.  We believe the error is coming at some point during an error or page refresh.  

We will have a fix in the next monthly patch.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

Posted Aug 13, 2013 05:39 PM

Thank you for your reply. I've tried what you suggest:

1. New browser session, go to "guest_register.php?_clear=1"

2. Lookup sponsor, input other details and submit form.

3. Sponsor gets e-mail, clicks link and approves.

4. Receipt page ("guest_register_receipt.php?refresh=1") auto-refreshes and login button becomes available.

5. Click login button.

6. SAME ERROR: -:NwaLdapSponsorUserSearchAjax not callable

Am I doing something wrong?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2013 07:14 PM

Well, please confirm what skin you are using.  But it sounds like you need to get in touch with support.  We have a fix coming in the monthly patch, but we are still looking for a workaround.  You can still do the original style of sponsor confirmations.  The issue comes with the realtime search.  

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

Posted Aug 14, 2013 04:08 AM

Thank you. Useful information.

I had been using a custom skin, but I've tried the default skin and the problem still occurs.

This seems to be a major obstacle to using sponsor lookups at all so I look forward to the patch soon.

Do you know the expected date of release?

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

MVP
    Posted Aug 14, 2013 04:25 AM

Was using a custom skin which killed the entire dynamic portion of the lookup field so changed it back to default (the aruba clearpass) skin.

With this default skin I am able to get through the same 6 steps as jharb with the exact same result too.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

Posted Aug 14, 2013 10:19 AM

Just to add my experience with this, I've seen this same thing now with two customer sites, including our own enterprise. Our enterprise was working, with a skin, as intended. After applying the struts vulnerability patch, our system is now broken as well. I can't blame the patch directly, but something over the past 7-10 broke sponsor_lookup.

Awaiting a fix.

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

Posted Aug 22, 2013 01:03 PM

I am having the same issue!!!

Wating for this fix too!!

• 9.  RE: Clearpass Guest - log in error after sponsor lookup

Posted Sep 16, 2013 05:42 AM

Patch 6.2.1, released Sept 13, 2013 fixes this problem.