Security

Super Contributor II

Clearpass Guest repository format

Does anyone know what format the guest database on Clearness is. Can this be queried using LDAP queries from other devices? I have a colleague that would like to explore the possibility of writing an app to query the guest user repository and process the results.

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass Guest repository format

Matt Finnie wrote:

Does anyone know what format the guest database on Clearness is. Can this be queried using LDAP queries from other devices? I have a colleague that would like to explore the possibility of writing an app to query the guest user repository and process the results.

It cannot be queried using LDAP, but a read-only copy can be made available over SQL by setting the appexternal password by going to Administration> Server Configuration> Cluster-Wide Settings> General> Appexternal password.  Any SQL program like pgadmin will be able to query it with the username appexternal and whatever password is set there.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Does changing that password impact any internal ClearPass processes or is
it exclusively for external access?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Aruba Employee

It will have no affect on ClearPass unless you have a split cluster design, where you have used appexternal account and password to gather information from the other cluster.

Keep in mind this account has limited access to the database.
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: