Security

Frequent Contributor II

Clearpass Guest submit gets securelogin.arubanetworks.com cant open error

Feel like this is going to be some obvious setting, but I have a captive portal scenerio   3 controllers (2local, 1master) sending captive users to clearpass guest.

I am redirected correctly to the form, fill out the guest form correctly, but on submit, i dont see a listing for auth in Policy Manager and I get an error in web browser   "can't  open securelogin.arubanetworks.com"   I know that is the stand-in domain for redirects for the aruba controller, but for some reason it is not redirecting the user back to the correct controller it would seem.  Anyone experience anything similar?

Thanks

Matt

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass Guest submit gets securelogin.arubanetworks.com cant open error

What is the exact URL that it attempts to redirect you to?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Guru Elite

Did you replace the default certificate in that controller?  If so, you need to change the redirect in ClearPass' Weblogin to whatever that certificate fqdn is...

weblogin.JPG

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Yup that was it, I thought i had a either/Or situation where i could use both interchangeable.  Thanks so much

Frequent Contributor I

same issues here, after you log on on the portal page you got a new windows with the securelogin url.

To clear it up: securelogin Aruba networks.com has to be a dns record pointing to the controller? And the guest needs to translate the dns request?

jAyR wrote:
To clear it up: securelogin Aruba networks.com has to be a dns record pointing to the controller? And the guest needs to translate the dns request?

no i dont believe so, this is done internally by the aruba for you.

Frequent Contributor I

i tried nslookup when authenticated in the login site and get the Controller IP, but it still does not work.

Could it a be a Problem with  the "Source NAT" Configuration? My Guest VLAN is terminated by the controller and NATed to a Public IP

are you using ClearPass? can the ClearPass server be reached from the NATed address?

Frequent Contributor I

Yes i am using clearpass and the the clients can reach the CP Server. I have source Nat on the Guest VLAN configured to NAT the Guests out into DMZ

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: