Security

Occasional Contributor I

Clearpass Nodes vs. License

Hi guys,

I have a question about the licensing in a Clearpass Cluster deployment using virtual Appliances. Let´s say we have 4 locations: 4000, 1500, 1000 and 500. Can we buy 2* 5K to cover all the endpoints and deploy 4 Appliances to every location?

Thanks,

Marc

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass Nodes vs. License

Appliances (virtual or hardware) come in 500, 5K and 25K. If you need one at
each site, you would need to pick a size that's applicable to each site.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Occasional Contributor I

So we would need for the given locations 3* 5K and 1* 500 at least. Is that correct?

Occasional Contributor I

Some customers especially with virtual environments will get multiple 500 to have redundancy and get to the licensing requirements they need. 2 CP-VA-500 is about $2,000 list price less than 1 CP-VA-5K for reference.

New Contributor

Every Appliance must have a License and every License must have an Appliance.

But, depending on your needs, a 500 appliance may be able to handle 1000 users.  I ran 12k users on a single 5k appliance at one point on a demo license without issue.

So, it really depends on your WAN architecture and the complexity of your policies (If the ClearPass at another site can act as backup for the local site.)  Your cheapest build would probably be 2 5k's and 2 500's.

But I don't represent Aruba in any way and couldn't tell you what support would say if you had problems.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: