Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Onguard integration with Aruba Switch OS 16.02

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Onguard integration with Aruba Switch OS 16.02

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:35 PM

I am trying to set up posture checks for wired clients on a 5412zl switch running 16.02 with Clearpass Onguard.

The process flow is as follows:

The user first connects to a production VLAN and if their device is healthy they are allowed access. If status is UNKNOWN they are bounced into a quarantine VLAN where they are redirected to the Onguard portal and no internal network access is allowed.

If they run the dissolvable agent and fail the checks I want to be able to allow them to self-remediate via some http links posted to that Onguard page (windows or AV updates etc).

Now, I understand with a controller scenario, it is possible to embed Windows/Antivirus update urls on the Onguard page and use portal free-rules and portal user-url configuration on the controller to allow them to access the links via the Internet. Is this same feature possible on the Aruba Switch OS? All I can see is ACLs using specific IP addresses or ports but not URLs, but ideally would like to be able to point them to a specific URL say Microsoft or an Antivirus website.

Thanks,

Elvis.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Onguard integration with Aruba Switch OS 16.02

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:41 PM
    It will be difficult to do this level of whitelisting on the switches. This is a great use case for the per-user tunneled-node feature in the upcoming 16.04 release.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Onguard integration with Aruba Switch OS 16.02

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:49 PM

Thanks Tim. So will URL specifc filtering be available in v16.04?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Onguard integration with Aruba Switch OS 16.02
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:52 PM
    Per-User Tunneled-Node is coming in 16.04 which would allow you to tunnel a quarantined user to the controller dynamically and then after they are healthy, they would be returned to local switching at the edge switch.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Onguard integration with Aruba Switch OS 16.02

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:58 PM

Great will look forward to the update. Thanks!