Security

New Contributor

Clearpass Onguard integration with Aruba Switch OS 16.02

I am trying to set up posture checks for wired clients on a 5412zl switch running 16.02 with Clearpass Onguard.

The process flow is as follows:

The user first connects to a production VLAN and if their device is healthy they are allowed access. If status is UNKNOWN they are bounced into a quarantine VLAN where they are redirected to the Onguard portal and no internal network access is allowed.

If they run the dissolvable agent and fail the checks I want to be able to allow them to self-remediate via some http links posted to that Onguard page (windows or AV updates etc).

Now, I understand with a controller scenario, it is possible to embed Windows/Antivirus update urls on the Onguard page and use portal free-rules and portal user-url configuration on the controller to allow them to access the links via the Internet. Is this same feature possible on the Aruba Switch OS? All I can see is ACLs using specific IP addresses or ports but not URLs, but ideally would like to be able to point them to a specific URL say Microsoft or an Antivirus website.

Thanks,

Elvis.

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass Onguard integration with Aruba Switch OS 16.02

It will be difficult to do this level of whitelisting on the switches. This is a great use case for the per-user tunneled-node feature in the upcoming 16.04 release.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Thanks Tim. So will URL specifc filtering be available in v16.04?

Guru Elite

Per-User Tunneled-Node is coming in 16.04 which would allow you to tunnel a quarantined user to the controller dynamically and then after they are healthy, they would be returned to local switching at the edge switch.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Great will look forward to the update. Thanks!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: