Security

Contributor I

Clearpass Operator login

Hi All,

I am in need of some assistance to setup authentication to Clearpass guest for a receptionist so they only have access to guest.

This is so they can create guest users for devices that connect to their Aerohive wireless.

I have created the account in the local user database. I have documented the rest of the configuration for you so you can advise me where I have gone wrong.

Please see attached.

Can you please advise me where my configuration has gone wrong?

I see the correct application service is being hit, but the authentication source, roles or enforcement do not get populated.

I get this alert on the access tracker:

[Local User Repository]: Failed to execute sql, reason=ERROR: syntax error at or near test"
Position: 1"

Regular Contributor I

Re: Clearpass Operator login

Looks like an SQL error in the local user auth source. Did you modify the [Local User Repository] auth source at all?

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Regular Contributor I

Also give it a try with the [Admin User Repository]

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Contributor I

Nope I just created an account under identity > local users section in Clearpass, added username and password and associated a role to the account.

I did also try the admin user repository but in the access tracker got the error: user not found in admin user repository.

I got a bit further this morning as I forgot to enable authorization in the service. I enabled this and found that the authorization source has now been populated with local user repository.  However, the roles is still hitting other and enforcement is still default deny access. I still get this error as the alert:

[Local User Repository]: Failed to execute sql, reason=ERROR: syntax error at or near test"
Position: 1"

Any other ideas on how to proceed further with this?

Contributor I

I have managed to resolve the issue. 

I found the following things that I did not do right initially:

- Authorization was not enabled on the service. 

- I was logging in with the wrong username for the account that I setup in the local user repository. I was using the name instead of the user-id. Note for the future for me. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: