Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Policy Manager GUI Admin Login using Two-Factor Authentication-RSA Authentication Manager

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Policy Manager GUI Admin Login using Two-Factor Authentication-RSA Authentication Manager

Posted Mar 11, 2016 03:04 AM

Hi all, I'm working with a project that required to use Two-Factor Authentication-RSA Authentication Manager as an authentication source for Clearpass Policy Manager GUI Admin Login. I have search through the Airhead and found that the only thing need to do is to add the RSA server as a Token Server in the Authentication Source. May I know how it works if the the objective is we want the Admin trying to login need to be prompted to enter the AD username + password. After that the Admin need to enter the RSA Token key to complete the authentication, or vice versa. Any idea ?

Thank you !

Best regards,

Ron Yip

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Policy Manager GUI Admin Login using Two-Factor Authentication-RSA Authentication Manager

MVP
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 05:56 PM

Hi Ron,

I know it's been a year, but this has just come up for me as well. Do you have any insight into how this has worked for that setup or other setups you've done? My intention is to do this for the Guest Operator login, as opposed to Policy Manager, but I assume same rules apply.

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Policy Manager GUI Admin Login using Two-Factor Authentication-RSA Authentication Manager

Posted Sep 18, 2017 02:56 AM

Clearpass Webui will not respond to the second challenge message from Token server. Meaning to say that, you have to enter the pincode + passphrase in order to pass the authentication.