Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Profiler Endpoint Classification limited to 19 entries?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Profiler Endpoint Classification limited to 19 entries?

Posted Dec 19, 2017 06:56 AM

Hi All,

We are trying to use the Endpoint Profiling feature to call out any potential MAC spoofing instances but are seeing a large number of "false positives" due to PCs being profiled as Network Boot Agents (when going through the PXE process) and then subsequently flagged as a Windows PC later on.

At the moment we have the Endpoint Classification set to "Any Category / OS Family / Name" and we wanted to change it to exclude "Computer" and "Network Boot Agents".

Unfortunately removing the "Any" options and adding everything other than "Computer" and "Network Boot Agents" then trying to save the service results in an "Error in processing request. Please retry..." error message.  Adding one by one works okay until I have 19 entries in the list then it fails.

Anyone else run into this?  I've tried this on both 6.6.5.93747 and 6.6.8.100017.

Thanks,
    Matt.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Profiler Endpoint Classification limited to 19 entries?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 06:07 AM

Never tried this, nor seen this.

When I try, I see something similar in 6.7.0 (same message), but then already at approx 16-17 (did not count exactly).

Please open a TAC case if you need this resolved, or just pick the categories that you actually use in your environment if that stays under the limit.