Security

Occasional Contributor II

Clearpass VM virtual disk requirements

I see some confilciting messages around the virtual disk requirements (size and type) for CPPM 6.7. Can someone shed light on the following conerns?

1. The 6.6 VM image ships with 20GB virtual disk size (for disk 0, of course). Though per the documentation, 6.7 comes with 30 GB. There is nothing in the upgrade procedure which refers to the disk size. Shouldn't the 6.7 upgrade procdure require to expand disk 0 from 20 to 30 GB before upgrading?

2. the type of Disk 0 in the image is Thin/Dynamic. According to this article: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/CPPM-Upgrade-failed-with-error-Pre-install-task-30-prepare/ta-p/293158  Disk 0 should be of type Fixed. If indeed disk 0 should be Fixed, while in the image it is Dynamic, shouldn't the installation and upgrade procedure require to convert it to fixed?

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass VM virtual disk requirements

You do not need to make any changes to the first disk in any case.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to get a little bit more spcific reply, regarding the specific questions?

Is there a conformation that there can be an issue with 6.7 upgrade because disk 0 is larger? If so, what is the workaround or fix?

What about the type of disk 0 in 6.6 and 6.7? Dynamic/Thin or Static/Thick?

Regular Contributor II

Hi,

Upgrading from a previous version of CPPM to a newer version normally doesn't require to adjust the VM settings. Not only disk, but also CPU and memory settings sometimes change.

I have not encountered a upgrade where we should change vm settings, nor have I encountered issues after the upgrade.

Good Luck

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: