04-16-2014 10:02 PM
I have configured a virtual IP between two Clearpass Apliances with the following settings:
*Clearpass Onboard acting as main AAA server and captive portal for BYO Devices.
*Virtual IP settings:
- Primary Node: Publisher CCPM
- Secondary Node: Subscriber CPPM
- Both with the MGMT Interface.
- DNS Record in the network is configured to point to the virtual IP address.
When Primary Nodes fails (and publisher CCPM) the following happens:
- The secondary node accepts dot1x authentication requests and works without any problems. BYO Devices can authenticate to the wireless network without issues.
- But Captive portal page is redirected to the /agen/portal and not to the onboard page.
I have the following questions:
Does Virtual IP provides full redundancy for Onboard and Guest services?
Is this an expected behaviour?
In the old amigopod architecture, I remember that Virtual IP setup provided full captive portal redundancy.
04-16-2014 11:12 PM
--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.