Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass and JAMF integration Issue

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Clearpass and JAMF integration Issue

Posted May 24, 2017 08:17 AM

Hi Everyone,

We are having issues fully integrating our JAMF solution into clearpass to update endpoints.

Clearpass is successfully talking to , and polling JAMF, however, no endpoints are being updated. When I go into "Poll Status" under the endpoint context server, it gives me all the endpoints (500), 0 invalid endpoints, but 0 endpoints updated (500 failed). 

When I go into the logs, I can see all the device information, so I am confused as to why they won't update. I have read through the technote and all the documentation I could find on Airheads, but I don't think I'm missing anything. 

Was wondering if anyone has seen a similar issues before I open up a TAC case. Thanks!

Chris 

• 2.  RE: Clearpass and JAMF integration Issue

Posted May 24, 2017 08:37 AM
    Are you using an account that has full rights privileges?

What version of clearpass are you using?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: Clearpass and JAMF integration Issue

Posted May 24, 2017 08:39 AM

We are running clearpass 6.6.5, and our user is set as a auditor. Is full access neccessary? 

• 4.  RE: Clearpass and JAMF integration Issue

Posted May 24, 2017 08:50 AM
    The last time I ran into that issue the user didn't have full rights , at the time there wasn't an API account privilege option in Casper (year or so ago)

Get Outlook for iOS

• 5.  RE: Clearpass and JAMF integration Issue

Posted May 24, 2017 01:01 PM

Just had our JAMF Admin give the clearpass user full rights, but, when I triggered a new poll, same message. I might wait overnight to see if it just needs some time to catch up, but any other ideas?

• 6.  RE: Clearpass and JAMF integration Issue

Posted Jun 01, 2017 09:55 AM

I opened up a TAC case, and will keep this post updated with any updates, in case someone has a similar issue. 

• 7.  RE: Clearpass and JAMF integration Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 09, 2017 08:34 AM

So we got this figured out, in case anyone has a similar issue.

We had some custom attributes that were set as mandatory, and this was preventing clearpass from importing the entries. Once we made the attributes not mandatory, everything imported as expected.