Security

Contributor II

Clearpass and Lumia 950

[ Edited ]

Have a user with the brand new Lumia 950 phone. He gets the following error message when connects to the wireless network, either for guest registering, or BYOD provisioning:

lumia 950 error.png 

Any workaround for this, or do you just have to wait for a cummulative patch where it will be sorted?

Currently running  CP 6.5.4

MVP

Re: Clearpass and Lumia 950

I am not very familiar with Windows Phone so not sure if this is possible , have you tried using another browser ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor II

He has installed Opera browser for windows, and will give it a try with Opera instead. Unfortunately it's closing office hours here now so I can't get back to you with results until tomorrow. Opera initially rejected the redirect, and he had to leave. 

MVP

2015-12-17 09_57_59-ClearPass - ClearPass Onboard Requirements.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Contributor II

Well that is an answer. Not on the roadmap either?

MVP

Not quite sure, but reach out to your local Aruba team and should be able to provide a clear answer if it is in the road map
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Contributor II

Hello, I am a bit late to replay here, but checked a little witht he user. Guest registration works fine, it is the actuall onboard enrollment that doesn't work. I guess it's semantics, but the OS stated on the error message is a little bit wrong. The Lumia 950XL is actually running Windows 10 Mobile, not windows phone 8.1 as the web page says.

I have no doubt this is falling under the same currently not supported umbrella though and I will inquire our Aruba contact regarding the matter.

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]
Windows Mobile cannot currently be automatically Onboarded, regardless of version. You can, however, manually install a cert via web enrollment in 6.5

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: