Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass guest ESSID

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Clearpass guest ESSID

Posted Sep 26, 2014 06:51 AM

I need to setup guest authorisation based on the ESSID that the guest signed up via, so I need to check the ESSID value that is stored in the ESSID field of the guest user repository. I can't see this option in the drop down box after selecting Authorization[guest user repository] on the role mapping page. Am I looking in the wrong place?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass guest ESSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2014 07:09 AM

You would do this via the service for guest auth.  It should be RADIUS:Aruba --> Aruba-ESSID-Name --> EQUALS --> Value

• 3.  RE: Clearpass guest ESSID

Posted Sep 26, 2014 07:30 AM

Seth,

This wont work in my situation, I need to check the ESSID that is stored as part of the guest user account - I dont want to grant access via a connection on SSID "A" unless the account was created on SSID "A". The same guest connecting to SSID "B" needs to create a new account with ESSID "B" stored against the account, hence I need to check after the service has been matched.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass guest ESSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2014 07:58 AM
    You would need to write a custom attribute to the endpoint database when the user web authenticates.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass guest ESSID

Posted Sep 29, 2014 06:28 AM

Sounds tricky, any help on how to do this would be appreciated.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass guest ESSID

Posted Oct 12, 2014 06:32 AM

not tricky at all :)

if you create a endpoint or user you can add attribute, you can check on these during the policy evaluation in the enforcement.

what is the part you are unsure of?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass guest ESSID

Posted Oct 12, 2014 04:30 PM
    MattF, somewhat old thread. Did you figure out a way to do this?

• 8.  RE: Clearpass guest ESSID

Posted Oct 13, 2014 02:53 AM

Sorry I missed the last reply. Adding an attribute must be done manually, yes? we may have thousands of guest usesrs signing-up so this is not an option. I'm unsure of how to write a custom attribute to the database.

• 9.  RE: Clearpass guest ESSID

Posted Oct 13, 2014 03:00 AM

No, you don't set it automagically. I haven't really gone through this in detail, but there should be several ways to get this done.

You can add an attribute in the registration form. Test for the value of this attribute during authentication.

OR  you add the attribute after first authentication. Check how the Enf profile "Guest MAC Caching" adds attributes to the Endpoint. Here you can for example use Source (which is the name of the registration page).