Security

MVP

Clearpass just dosent disconnect (Via Aruba COA) + logout + disable guests at the expiry time

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I build a self-reg page for guest be able to open 0.5 hour account each 24 hours.

radius COA - tested and working great. (tested by manually - doing aruba terminate COA)

please advise - i spent on it almost 5 days in order to understand what i'am missing...the account seems expired but the status stays on the identity>guest user in enabled!!! please HELP.

(even with do_expire 2 or 4) even when configing in the guest manager to delete and logout at specified time...IT"S JUST DOSENT DO THE COA BY ITSELF)

here some examples + screenshots: (Let's take the AC-F7 guest-mac account + E8-92 for example)

1.PNG

As you can see even due both accounts are expired - u may see the they are still in the Active sssions window:

2.PNG

(even while testing it - i configure the expiry to 2 minutes...the account seems expired but....)

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

BOTH ACCOUNTS STILL WORKING...

IF IM DOING CHANGE STATUS TO DISCONNECT it's working and disconnect the client.

please advise

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Aruba

Re: Clearpass just dosent diconnect + logout + disable guests at the expiry time 6.1.1.52552

One quick note is that the expiration is based off insight snd that can be up to 5 min behind so your test with 2 min may never work

Thank you,
Troy
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
MVP

Re: Clearpass just doesn't disconnect + logout + disable guests at the expiry time 6.1.1.52552

Ok - i will give it a try with 10min :) integer. (Thanks on the tip) :smileywink:

BTW:

i built a new self-reg page + a new (from zero) guest auth+mac auth from zero - and it seems disconnecting (with COA as needed)  - even after 2 min. But i will keep dig into it - and keep u posted. :smileyhappy:

Thanks again.

Me

Contributor I

Re: Clearpass just doesn't disconnect + logout + disable guests at the expiry time 6.1.1.52552

Hi Kdisc98 have you solve this issue?

I also experience the same problem. Even the account is already expired or maually  expired the Computer Mac address still able to connect to the network. I also tried to unplug and plug-in the cable of the PC still able to ping the network.

Is there any Services that I need to Add in in order to disconnect  the expired User MAC address?

Thank you.

MVP

• make sure that your RFC3576 working well.
  • be sure to choose the right option in the guest manager.
  • try to update your CPPM / REBUILDING your register form <-sometimes the issue is there
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: