Security

Aruba Employee

Clearpass not getting endpoint information

I have ClearPass Onboard, Policy Manager (with Profile license) but I'm not seeing any information regarding Onboarded devices under Live Monitoring -> Endpoint Profiler.  It just says "ClearPass Profile has not received any endpoint information."

There's very little useful documentation on CPPM and ClearPass Onboard (no documentation exists for Clearpass/Amigopod 3.9 actually).  How do I get endpoint information into CPPM?

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass not getting endpoint information

Mike,

Do you have the following configured?

profiler.png

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Hi Colin - Yes, all that is configured.  Is anything supposed to go here, under Endpoint Attributes?

ScreenHunter_01 May. 29 15.35.gif

Guru Elite

You do not need anything under advanced.

Are you trying to register onboard client info in cppm or guest?  In addition, are you using CPPM 5.1?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Yes, I'm running CPPM 5.1.  What I'm trying to do is get device information into CPPM so I can make enforcement decisions based on device type (iOS or Android) and then also device serial number so I can tell if it's personal or corporate liable.

Guru Elite

Perfectly valid.  That info should only come across after a device has been successfully "onboarded".  Do you have any successfully onboarded devices in the Onboard> Certificate Management section?

Colin Joseph

Aruba Employee

Yes, I have an iPad and two Android devices Onboarded.  I'm going to try again.  I changed the CPPM server from using a hostname to an IP address in the Clearpass setup.  May that was causing some issue.

Guru Elite

mike.j.gallagher wrote:

Yes, I have an iPad and two Android devices Onboarded.  I'm going to try again.  I changed the CPPM server from using a hostname to an IP address in the Clearpass setup.  May that was causing some issue.

Entirely possible.  Use the Administrator> Network Setup> Network diagnostics tab to test your DNS resolution.

Colin Joseph

Aruba Employee

I'll get back to you on this, Colin.  After changing the CPPM host name to an IP address, I tried to revoke a cert on Onboard and the two aren't talking any more.  Onboard obviously didn't like that being changed at all.  I'm rebooting both now to see if that will help.

Guru Elite

Mike,

There is currently a bug with "Onboard" or Amigopod revoking certs for non-IOS devices.  Delete them manually from CPPM, for now as well.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: