Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

Posted Oct 02, 2017 09:19 PM

Hi,

Did anyone successfully integrate Clearpass with Huawei wireless controller for onguard?

I did the integration but the Radius CoA seems not working.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2017 09:22 PM
    It's something we're looking to test in the future.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

Posted Oct 02, 2017 09:29 PM
      |   view attached

I did found a document that provided by Huawei that said it is successfully integrate with Clearpass. But not sure what exactly the configuration they did.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2017 02:29 AM

The problem is happened on the MAC address that passed from Huawei Controller.

Need to change the MAC address format in Huawei Controller from "-" to "." format.

And it solved my issue.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

Posted Jul 29, 2018 07:44 AM

• 6.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

Posted Jul 29, 2018 07:42 AM

Hi Tim,

we are working on integration between aruba clearpass 6.7 and huawei WLC. currently (redirection to cppm self registration page, registration, guest login, accessing internet) are working fine , but CoA is not working so that if i configured enforcement to limit the guest BW usage (e.g. 100 M) , nothing occur after exceeding the defined limit.

is CoA currently supported when integrated with Huawei WLC? or aruba still working on it to be supported in the future?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2018 11:44 PM

ClearPass is an open product and uses standard RADIUS Dynamic Authorization. The question is whether the Huawei controller supports it. If it does, you can either use the built-in IETF Disconnect and/or create custom CoA profiles.

• 8.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

Posted Jul 30, 2018 10:44 AM
      |   view attached
    CoA is supported on huawei wlc, still not working with me. Can you advise with the right enforcement profile configuration of coa message to be used (type, name, value)

• 9.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 10:47 AM
    Are you trying to Disconnect the user or take another action?

• 10.  RE: Clearpass with Huawei Wireless Controller for Onguard

Posted Apr 24, 2019 12:22 PM

I'm facing the same issue now, my scenario Guest with mac caching but CoA not working.

I tried to follow the steps below :

https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1000176016/43597a22/example-for-configuring-mac-address-prioritized-portal-authentication-cli