Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass

Posted Dec 05, 2016 11:08 PM

Hi, I work at a public library and we currently have 4 Aruba 103 IAP's servicing our WiFi needs. Until recently we used a 3rd party software product to control user access and time online. It worked on a voucher system and we restricted them to a 1 hour session per 24 hours.

Recently however we had to stop using this software and now the WiFi is a free for all with no way of limiting the time spent online by users.

I have been looking at the Splash page settings on the AP but although I can have a user accept our rules and conditions I can't seem to limit the time they are connected.

My questions are, will Clearpass do this for me (I believe it will), what hardware is require and finally what is the approximate cost to set this solution up.

We offer the WiFi free to the public so there is no revenue to fund this project so we would appreciate the cheapest option that is going to work.

Any advice and help would be greatly recieved.

Regards

Ross

• 2.  RE: Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2016 11:10 PM
    ClearPass would definitely do this! ClearPass comes as either a hardware or virtual appliance. In order to estimate cost, you should reach out to your local Aruba partner.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass

Posted Dec 06, 2016 03:36 PM

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply. I will get on to a local supplier and find out costs etc.

Thanks again