Security

Frequent Contributor I

Client Details with WPA2-PSK

Hi

I have a BYOD network using WPA2-PSK used for employees who want to use their own Mobile devices for Internet and some Local services.

The problem I am having is when i look at the client list for this network I see the same name (under client collumn).

Is it possible to change this to rather display the IP or MAC or actual hostname as reported from the device?

Guru Elite

Re: Client Details with WPA2-PSK

This is supported in ArubaOS 6.5 and above. Please see "Device Name as Username" in the New Features section here:. http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS/6.5.x.x/Default.htm#ReleaseNotes/FeaturesIn6.5.xReleases/Features Released in 6.5.x.htm#Features

Please also pay attention to the Deprecated Devices to make sure your controllers and APs are supported by 6.5. Read the whole release notes while you are at it...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Hi Collin

Thx for the reply -- my controller is 3600, so it is depricated..... :(
FUBAR - all the other features I have been wanting and waiting for is also in this version.....

Sigh... guess I am going to have to get budget for Controller upgrade.

The Papers don't mention anything about it (or I missed it) but will it happen that 105AP can become deprecated with a newer version?

Guru Elite

The 105s are supported on ArubaOS 6.5

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: