Security

Super Contributor II

Cluster upgrade tool arghhhhh

So when you;ve got a cluster of servers and you say upgrade the cluster, why oh why isn't there an option to select the max no of concurrent upgrades to do at once?

Sitting here watching all my slave servers drop into upgrad mode wondering if one will; come back before all of them are donig it!

Grrrrrrrrrr

Re: Cluster upgrade tool arghhhhh

Hi,

If you have cluster of servers and doing manually is not an option for you then you can use cluster upgrade tool where you can install tool on publisher and have package ready for all the server , tool will automatically upgrade publisher first and later subscribers. We will have option to choose which subscriber need to be upgraded.

Whether manually or upgrade tool,  publisher will upgrade first.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
Super Contributor II

Hi Pavan, 

Yup I'm using the tool, and now at the state where everything has upgraded other than the insight cluster member.... which annoyingly is also the node where you have to delete the VM network interfaces and recreate them when it comes back/

Couldn't find and docn about whether you can select a few cluster members, upgrade them and then go back and do the rest later on.

The thing I was worried about was seeing all my cluster members switch into upgrading state and then more than 1 leaping over to rebooting state. When you only use some of your cluster members for authentication  and you see all the ones doing authentication  rebooting you do start to panic a wee bit.

Luckily we;ve got more than 1 cppm cluster and I could also point auths at that so as far as our users were concerned service as usual.

Would be nice to have a "only process 'n' cluster members at a time" option when selecting the whole cluster, or is that what the checkboxes to select cluster nodes are for?

Super Contributor II

o.k. Now at stage where I'm restoring the session data.

Just to check,  these are the checkboxes I need to set.. its the Warning message at the bottom thats concerning

session restore.png

Aruba Employee

That is a general warning and it is meant for config database restore. You can restore the session log in the cluster node.

Have you got all the subscribers upgraded?

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the post.
Super Contributor II

Still waiting on the insight server to finish. Rest are done.

Started upgrade at 8:15 this morning, rest of them finished about noon.

Super Contributor II

So when you say 

If you are upgrading ClearPass from 6.5.x or 6.6.x to 6.7.0 on a VMware ESXi server, and only if the MAC address of Network adapter1 is higher than that of Network adapter2, additional steps are required after the upgrade. (#41698)

After upgrading, follow the steps below in order for ClearPass to have network connectivity:.......

What do you define as after the upgrade. Master publisher says upgrade complete now in reboot and data migration stage ... is it waiting for me to reconfigure the network interfaces ?

Super Contributor II

So the VM console says the following ...

clearpass7 startup screen.png

Hi

"only if the MAC address of Network adapter1 is higher than that of Network adapter2"
you need to follow the steps stated in guide, else ignore.From CLI it looks all services are up and running.

Were you able to access the GUI of publisher and all the subscribers showing in sync?

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
Super Contributor II

point is 

1. cant ping any addresses ( preseumably because of VM network issue)

2. ..so can;t ssh to it

3. Console doesn;t respond to keyboard ..... and just as I typed that it sporang into life .... that VM has been unavailable since 8:15 this mornnig as part of the upgrade process. Just getting systems to redefine the network interfaces

That;s a LONG time

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: