Security

MVP

CoA Fails

I'm testing CoA over Aruba wireless and it's failing.  The following message is logged in access tracker: Session-Context-Not-Found.

I've verified the following:

CPPM: In device details, RADIUS CoA is enabled and using port 3799.

Controller: RFC3746 server defined in AAA profile. Key matches key specific in device details above.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this further?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Re: CoA Fails

[ Edited ]

Are you going into the access tracker and doing something like "Terminate Session"?  What are you doing to generate this COA?  Session not found normally means that the device never authenticated, so there is no session to "change".

Edit: Also, do you have Radius Accounting enabled from the controller to CPPM?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
MVP

Yeah, I'm going into access tracker and clicking on the connection.  Then Change Status and I issue an Aruba Terminate Session.

To be sure I'm working with an active session, I disconnected my test device and reconnected it.  Then, I terminated the connection that just appeared in access tracker.  I received the same error message.

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
MVP

CoA started working today.  The only thing I did was change the NAS IP on each controller to match its loopback IP.  Before, each controller inherited the master's IP as the NAS IP.  Could this be what fixed it?

MVP

yes, that could very well be it, i worked with CoA in the past (different context; Juniper switches) and not having the correct NAS IP was the issue back then also.

Contributor II

Your solution saved my day!!

Thank you!!!

Bharani..

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: