Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuration of LDAP server in windows 2008R2 to authenticate with Aruba

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Configuration of LDAP server in windows 2008R2 to authenticate with Aruba

Posted May 03, 2013 01:51 AM

I want to Configure LDAP server in windows 2008R2 to authenticate with Aruba.Is there any manual.I am using aruba controller model of 3200 with OS of Aruba 6.1.3.4

• 2.  RE: Configuration of LDAP server in windows 2008R2 to authenticate with Aruba

Posted May 03, 2013 02:42 AM

Have you considered using Network Policy Server?

You can install this role on your 2008R2 server and it will act as a radius server, using AD for authentication.

In my oppinion, this is usually a better and more secure option than messing with LDAP :)

• 3.  RE: Configuration of LDAP server in windows 2008R2 to authenticate with Aruba

Posted May 13, 2013 06:02 PM

Definitely, it is way easier to install NPS/IAS on your w2008 server. That way the aruba controller will work with your AD Controller via radius. If you use AD authentication, the controller never joins the domain, it only queries the AD controller to check credentials. I think it is way better to use the Radius option for flexibility and more features you can leverage. 

Excuse my english. not my native language.